NieR Automata’s New Steam Patch Comparison Videos Highlight Small Visual Improvements and More
The Steam version of NiThe NieR Automata has finally received its first major patch, and new comparison videos highlight the differences between the original and patched versions.
The new videos, which have been put together by KyoKat PC Gameplay and 7AM Cafecito, show how some of the new options, such as global lighting settings, provide very slight visual improvements, but these small improvements still can’t be compared to those introduced. by mods. Additionally, the game still seems to suffer from the same performance issues that have plagued the game since its launch.
The long-awaited NieR Automata Steam patch went live yesterday, introducing new features and fixes, such as Fidelity FX CAS support, better anti-aliasing, new UI textures, and more.
- Borderless video settings
- Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- FX loyalty
- Fidelity FX CAS functionality has been added.
- The system will now detect if HDR has been enabled in Windows display settings and will automatically start the game in HDR mode if so.
- Anti aliasing
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- User interface textures (4K)
- Around 270 UI textures for icons, backgrounds and UI elements, etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Deleted scenes
- Bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered NieR Automata cut scenes have been adjusted so that they will now play back at 60 frames per second and display in the correct format without stretching the frame.
- Global illumination
- A new “Global Illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set on three different levels; High, medium or low.
- Ambient occlusion / flowering
- Render targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on game resolution.
▼ Bug fixes
- It is now possible to switch between the recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen mode and windowed mode or between borderless mode and windowed mode, by simultaneously pressing the Alt + keys. Entrance.
- Mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a gamepad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS in the default settings.
- Other stability related fixes were also implemented.
NieR Automata is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide.