Ex-Smash Pro ZeRo Sue Former Roommate Jisu, Alleges Defamation Over Past Sexual Misconduct Allegations


Old Super Smash Bros. Pro Gonzalo “ZeRo” Barrios has taken legal action against his former roommate Jacqueline “Jisu” Choe, accusing her of libel and intentionally inflicting emotional distress over the allegations she made of sexual misconduct in July. 2020, according to documents obtained by Dot Esports.

The once popular streamer alleges that Choe’s and anonymous defendants’ allegations ended his career, including the termination of his contracts with Facebook games and Tempo Storm, as well as the deletion of his inactive Twitch channel, which had more than 520,000 subscribers. Barrios filed a lawsuit Nov. 19 in Los Angeles County Superior Court and seeks an undetermined amount of damages.

The case revolves specifically around four allegations made by Choe, which Barrios and his lawyer claim to be false.

In a July 2020 Tweet, Choe claimed that Barrios and his now wife Vanessa started dating when he was 20 and she was 15 and later allegedly physically assaulted her. Barrios and his lawyer said in the lawsuit the couple were 31 months apart and had never physically assaulted Vanessa.

The following claim relates to an allegation made by Choe that Barrios solicited sexually explicit videos of an anonymous 14-year-old girl and offered to take another underage girl to events to commit sexual acts. In a July 2020 Twitlonger Post, Barrios admitted to the allegation that he had requested such a video of the 14-year-old. In the lawsuit filed on November 19, he and his lawyer deny the allegation that he offered to take a minor to an event to commit sexual acts, but do not specifically address the other allegation.

Barrios and his lawyer also deny ever having showed Choe’s sex worker lists on Craigslist or hentai while living together, claiming Craigslist banned such ads in 2010.

Choé responded to the lawsuit on Twitter today and asked its subscribers to donate to a GoFundMe campaign which will be used to cover expenses during the trial process.

“Last year I used my platform to expose her child sexual abuse. He admitted it but now denies it [and] claims he lost his career [because] from me, no [because] he’s a pedophile, ”she said. “It’s really depressing to come to this. I’m angry, I’m tired, but most of all — I’m disappointed. Disappointed that those who mistreat others cannot accept the consequences of their actions, and disappointed by those who continue to support them.

In his most recent public response Regarding the situation, Barrios denied the allegations of sexual misconduct made against him by Choe and others anonymous, revoking his previous confession to the behavior and saying his statement at the time was “nothing more than a suicide letter ”written in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

On March 23, emergency services were called to an Orlando home where Barrios was living at the time, according to background check information obtained by Dot Esports. Documents provided by Orange County firefighters to Dot Esports, including an audio call and an event log, showed a caller reported that his friend was injured with a knife and was bleeding profusely. On March 25, Vanessa, then fiancee of Barrios, posted in a Twitter post now deleted a photo from an outdoor security camera of a man on a stretcher being removed from the house and said Barrios attempted suicide.

Barrios and Choe are both former residents of “Sky House,” a series of houses rented in Southern California by popular YouTuber Sky Williams. Several residents of this home have made allegations against other residents and visitors of sexual misconduct. In addition to her allegations against Barrios, Choe, who at the time was an underage, also alleged that she was raped by a man who other roommates identified as 25 years old at the time. Smash pro Jesse “Vidjo” Werner.

Since making the public statement on November 16, Barrios has returned to creating full-time content on YouTube.



Comments are closed.