Benjamin Walter convicted of soliciting child sex crimes

Benjamin Walter via Morgan Co Sheriff’s Office

An Alabama man who asked women to record and stream the sexual abuse of Filipino children as young as five years old will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Benjamin Walter41, was sentenced Friday to 160 years in prison by a federal judge.

On October 5, 2021, a federal jury found Walter guilty of four counts of making and attempting to make child pornography and one count each of receiving and distributing child pornography. The evidence presented to the jury at the trial highlights the horrific international market for child sex crimes against children in the Philippines, solicited and sent to buyers in the United States and around the world.

Prosecutors allege Walter used messaging and webcam apps to search for women in the Philippines to “sexually abuse their own children and loved ones.”

“Walter’s demands to these women, which lasted approximately three years, included instructions to stage the gang rape of young children and to sexually assault several young children in other harmful ways,” the Justice Department wrote in a statement. Press.

Prosecutors say Walter paid for these videos, pictures and live webcam shows through transfers of $25 to $50 he made through Moneygram, Western Union and other means.

“In addition to the live webcam broadcasts, Walter also sent and received emails to which the senders attached images and videos of young children engaging in sexual acts with adult males,” the Ministry of Health said. Justice.

The details of Walter’s case, while gruesome, are far from unique.

North Carolina man Jacob Daylen Ross was sentenced to 55 years in prison last January for paying a Filipino woman to sexually abuse children during a live video broadcast. The development effectively amounted to a life sentence for the 47-year-old, in a case sparked by an informant telling a sheriff’s office that Ross had been engaged in the online sexual exploitation of “many prepubescent children.

Last November, dude from Ohio Charles Lee Frazier received a 27-year sentence for paying poor Filipino mothers for explicit photos of them sexually abusing their children. The Justice Department said Frazier “discussed killing infants in sexual assaults.”

The problem has not gone unnoticed by American diplomats.

In 2020, the State Department’s Trafficking in Persons Report found that child sex trafficking remains a “pervasive” problem in the Philippines.

“Reports from law enforcement indicate that the Philippines is one of the largest known sources of online child sexual exploitation, in which traffickers sexually exploit children, individually and in groups, during live broadcasts. directly over the Internet in exchange for compensation transmitted through a money transfer agency by individuals most often in another country, including the United States, Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom,” found the State Department “The traffickers are often parents or relatives who operate out of private residences or small internet cafes and many child victims, both girls and boys, are under the age of 12.”

In a particularly high-profile case, investigators say they found a particularly gruesome video on the computer of the former reality TV star and Tory activist Josh Dugarwho was recently convicted of child pornography crimes.

Before her trial, an investigator testified at Duggar’s bail hearing that authorities found an infamous video depicting the sexual abuse of an 18-month-old girl, titled “Daisy’s Destruction.”

The video creator Peter Scullydubbed the “world’s worst pedophile” and convicted of human trafficking, is an Australian who is currently serving a life sentence in the Philippines, where he lived and abused his victims.

Got a tip we should know? [email protected]

Comments are closed.